Friday, May 2, 2014

Joy



May Day. O Blessed Beautiful May Morning. How did we arrive here so quickly? It seems that December and Winter's worst just left us.

Sitting on my deck in the warm sunshine. Crisp. Fresh. The scent of springtime in the air. Fresh soil. Greening prairie. Majestic mountains on the horizon.

Birds chirping. A rooster crowing in the distance. Cottontail babies on my lawn.

The stillness is refreshing. Rejuvenating after many consecutive days of tormenting wind have plagued us. This early May morning is a gift as I feel the warmth of the sun penetrate my bones. I soak it in and let it settle. In my heart. In my soul. Into my whole being. It takes hold. I am warmed.

I close my eyes. Breathe in. Breathe out. Peace. Joy. I am filled with joy.  Pure joy. This morning brings me joy. There is nothing like the morning that awakens my senses so sharply. O wonderful May morning, I have waited for you.

In the morning
give us your mercy in full measure,
So that we may have joy
and delight all our days.
  ~ Psalm 90:14

Joy. Joy because I am blessed.  Blessed beyond measure. Blessed.

I find my joy in my God and the gifts he has given me. The intangible gifts.

His sacrifice. His unfailing love. His grace. His mercy. His "faithfulness stretches to the sky." ("Your Love Oh Lord" by Third Day).

Each day we are given is a true gift. A abounding gift. A gift.

A simple gift. A simple pleasure that I stop to ponder. Ponder. Ponder deeply the ultimate gift of  truth that leads to my joy. A gift that means so much and has such a profound and everlasting impact on all of humanity. A gift that all can receive. Receive His gift. Receive life. Experience joy.

A gift that makes me realize I find amazing joy in knowing my God.  Joy that He saves. Joy that He redeems. Joy that He loves. Joy that He lives. Joy that He walks beside me every step of the way. Joy that He delights in me. In me. ME. How amazing is that?

The LORD your God is with you, 
the Mighty Warrior who saves. 
He will take great delight in you;
 in his love he will no longer rebuke you, 
but will rejoice over you with singing."
~ Zephaniah 3:17

He rejoices. Rejoice with Him. Rejoice.

 My heart overflows. With joy. I am  humbled by His gifts and the joy He gives me. I am blessed. Blessed with time, friends, family and the pure love that comes from recognizing these gifts.

Sight. Sound. Touch. Taste. Feel.

Live. Love. Laugh.


 Sing to the LORD a new song;
 sing to the LORD, all the earth.
~ Psalm 96:1

Rejoice. Delight. Sing.

 You make known to me the path of life; 
you will fill me with joy in your presence...
~Psalm 16:11


Experience Joy. Joy that only come from Him. Joy from his gifts. Joy.

Happy May. Happy springtime. Let the blessings pour out from your Joy in all that he has given.

Be joyful.

Be blessed my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment