Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fullness of Grace

God's grace is born out of our unworthiness. Grace, like mercy and love are rooted in the goodness of God and his awesomeness. In Romans 5:20, Paul tells us that God's grace abounds. It is abundant and multiplied wherever sin increases. He tells us that God's grace is ever sufficient for us. It covers a multitude of sins. Thank God for his grace! Without it, I'm not sure I would make it through a single day.

God blesses us with grace! Grace is like water ~ Without it, we would die. Do we deserve God's grace? Surely not. We depend on God for all that sustains us because we are nothing without him and his provision for us is great both physically and spiritually.

I depend on God's grace to get me through the whirlwind of activity and emotion that plague me as each day dawns anew. Today was a great day. Not all days are as such. But today I can boast of God's blessings that make me a mama very proud! My oldest daughter received her acceptance letter from the university of her choice. She is ecstatic and very excited to embark on her new "grown-up" adventures. She will achieve great things, I just know it! My second daughter ~ my OCD daughter, after much planning and stress did a fabulous job of coaching her Kindergarten cheerleaders through their very first Upward Basketball Game. Those little girls love her and she is a wonderful role model for them especially spiritually! My son, just about to become a teenager, took up wrestling this year for his middle school. With three losses under his belt, my rookie wrestler achieved his first win of the season today with a pin! Anxious to keep his church commitment, we traveled quickly from the wrestling match to church where he was quick to jump into the "Leo Lion" mascot uniform and dance with the cheerleaders and cheer on the young basketball players. How can a mom not be proud? But this mom ever depends on God!

I wrestle daily with shortcomings and failures as a mom. As I write this blog I feel guilty for not spending time with them instead of writing. Have I done enough for them through the years? Have I been too tough on them or too controlling? Have I let them down? Did I teach them enough to help them be self-sufficient in this life? Will they have a good work ethic? Will they stay close to God? Have I been a good role model?

No one is perfect and I am proof of that! Most certainly I need God's grace to provide me with the reassurance that all is well. I don't deserve it, but I have accepted his grace just like I accept a gift. I don't have to earn his grace, I must simply accept it through a right and just relationship with our savior. Much like accepting a gift. If you choose to never unwrap it, you will never experience the peace that God gives through grace. Opening that gift is like opening a bundle of blessings. Those blessings are what I experience every day when I feel the hand of God upon me reassuring me that he is in control.

From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. ~ John 1:16

May you experience fullness of grace and revel in the blessings our God has to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment